There are a host of reasons why fiberglass planters have been dominating the planter industry.
The fact that they are made of composite fiberglass and resin makes fiberglass planters ideal for both indoor and exterior design, as well as having a ton of additional benefits like being lightweight and weather resistant, and requiring no upkeep.
Additionally, using fiberglass planters for both commercial and residential projects may help you save a ton of time and money.
The benefits of using fiberglass plant containers for both indoor and outdoor design are further outlined in the features below.
Features And Benefits Of Fiberglass Planters
- Fiberglass is a durable material that weighs considerably less than traditional planter materials. This lightweight material is an exceptional option for patios, balconies, rooftops, and other areas where the weight of the installation is a concern.
- The resin and fiberglass materials used are resistant to damage from sun exposure and withstand the most extreme weather conditions and climates including harsh winters, frost, and salt exposure. Further, automotive-grade paints are used on our planters that have additional UV-protectants built in.
- Unlike competitor products – terracotta, concrete, and plastics – fiberglass can be repaired and refinished.
- Fiberglass can be molded in any shape providing a lot more flexibility and design innovation than traditional planter materials. The result is a huge inventory with a variety of shapes and sizes that range from traditional styles to clean, modern lines. In short, we can provide planters that will match, enhance, and complement any décor. We can even fabricate custom planters.
- With proper care, fiberglass planters will last for years, indoors and outdoors. Just remember, the first fiberglass Corvette was made in 1953, and many of them are still cruising around!
- Fiberglass maintenance is easy! It can be cleaned with dish detergent and standard automotive waxes can be used to enhance your planter’s shine.
Get The Look With Our Luxury Planters
See Our Planters Used By Professionals And Homeowners
Learn how you can use planters to create amazing spaces from the Philadelphia International Airport to the Gates Hotel South Beach in Miami.
Maintenance And Care
The care needed for fiberglass planters is quite low. Though, with very little maintenance, they will last a very long time and still look brand new!
Clean with mild soap: With exposure to the environment and from the potting soil, your fiberglass pot will certainly gather dirt and dust. Clean the outside of the indoor fiberglass planter with a moist cloth and a light soap. The ideal cleaning solution for outdoor fiberglass plant pots with a glossy, smooth surface is warm, soapy water and a soft sponge.
Use top-notch wax: Yes, you can wax your fiberglass planters! This will maintain the surface shine and offer further protection. For best results, give your outdoor fiberglass planter a coat of high-grade marine wax from time to time.
Fiberglass is already the greatest planter material available, but with appropriate maintenance, it will last much longer!
Fiberglass Planters Surpass Other Plant Containers
Read more about our project: The Gates Resort and learn how to create these beautiful arrangements yourself!
Our fiberglass planters are built to last, regardless of their finish layer, since they are made from high-quality fiberglass that can endure powerful sun rays, torrential rain, snow, and ice.
No matter the gloss, matte, or satin surface you select, you can be confident that our fiberglass planters will keep their fashionable appearance for a long time, and withstand harsh weather conditions.
Because the same fiberglass planters can be used indoors and outdoors, you save a lot of money by not having to buy various planters that are designed exclusively for indoor or outdoor usage.
Our fiberglass planters are also low-maintenance, which means taking care of them takes very little time, money, and effort.
The temptation to use less expensive plastic planters may be powerful. However, plastic planters deteriorate in the presence of sunlight, which might result in long-term financial loss as well as a loss of your plant life.
Other planter materials, such as metal, terracotta, and wood, are also prone to water damage and are more likely to fade, split, or break as a result of exposure to the weather.
Overall, fiberglass planter outperforms the other six most common planter materials.
Fiberglass Planters Meet Every Single Design Requirement
Fiberglass has fewer shaping restrictions than other materials, thus planters constructed of this material create genuine works of art in addition to serving as the ideal backdrop for various plant and flower arrangements.
If you’re searching for ideas to spice up your design project, choose fiberglass planters.
Fiberglass planter finishes have the ability to highlight the splendor of any plant or flower while also transforming any environment with a vibrant yet minimalist design statement.
Our attractive fiberglass planters include three of the most significant design characteristics: aesthetic appeal, utility, and versatility.
Our planters may be found in a variety of sectors, including hospitality and public organizations.
Landscape architects utilize our fiberglass planters to bring shape, function, and beauty to a variety of properties, including:
- Interior and outdoor space of offices.
- The restaurant, hotel, resort, and coffee shop industries.
- Public areas, national parks, and urban settings.
- Apartment buildings, villas, and homes are examples of residential developments.
We are aware of what our clients who are landscape architects expect. We share a love for creating gorgeous landscapes that are long-lasting.
Because of this, our planters are produced using high-end resin and fiberglass components under tight quality control guidelines.
As a result? A planter to be proud of. A product that will continue to outperform expectations for many years. A product that generates recurring sales and has a solid reputation.
Planters Etcetera Knows Fiberglass
We spent a few years doing floral arrangements, and the one issue we frequently found was that we were always searching for better planters for our projects. If the shape was good, the quality was not sufficient. If the quality was there, the variety was lacking. Our choices were often limited to very traditional (read: boring) color choices.
We researched and tested many materials and brands and then came across the Jay Scotts Collection.
Our collaboration with Jay Scotts has provided us with the highest quality planters available and all of the variety, in shapes and colors, we were looking for.
Learn more about us and why we are passionate about planters.
It is our great honor to be an authorized retailer of the world’s finest fiberglass planters.
The Jay Scotts Collection has earned an international reputation as the Global Source of Design Innovation with planters that embody style, form, and function.
Jay Scotts produces plant planters in a wide variety of styles, shapes, and sizes. Contemporary, transitional, and modern designs are available for any project. Jay Scotts’ products are some of the highest quality commercial planters available for both indoor and outdoor planters used in commercial and residential projects.
The products feature high-grade automotive paint which offers UV protection that makes them the perfect outdoor planter in any extreme weather.
With cutting-edge styles, designs, shapes, and finishes, Jay Scotts’ products flatter any décor, especially in high-traffic commercial locations.
The Jay Scotts Difference
Top-quality fiberglass planters are truly a work of art that requires many processes over a period of time by expert artisans to create finished products. Each fiberglass planter is created with a custom mold in the exact size, shape, and dimensions of the final product. Fiberglass sheets are carefully and expertly cut, shaped, and inserted into and surrounding the mold.
High-quality polyester resin is then applied several times over the mold. Once the final coat becomes hard, the planter is then taken to the finishing department where each planter is meticulously finished by hand by highly skilled artisans. Like an expensive fiberglass boat or car, the finishing department trims the product of any excess materials and evenly sands the fiberglass surface so that the finish is flawless and smooth. This process is time intensive but necessary to produce the exquisite, durable quality products that customers have come to love and expect.
Many competitors take shortcuts that become obvious in the aesthetics, quality, and wear of fiberglass planters, which is why the hand-finishing process is so important and has become the hallmark of Jay Scotts Collection’s success and quality in producing fine planters.
Jay Scotts Fiberglass Planters:
- Jay Scotts’ products are lightweight, but very durable because they use only the highest quality polyester resin with no fillers.
- Each planter is carefully hand-finished to produce a smooth and continuous surface; this extra step is most noticeable in the rim of each planter which is finished and wraps down to the side wall of the planter.
- You will not find exposed raw glass or rough edges on the rim which enhances the beauty of the planter and makes them safer for installation and repositioning.
Competitor Fiberglass Planters:
- Many companies use fillers (like marble dust or limestone sand) in their resin to reduce costs and slow cure times – the result is heavier, and more brittle, finishes. Excessive fillers will result in a finish that is highly prone to cracks.
- Large lumps or strips of fiberglass matting indicate poor construction and improper finishing. Competitor products are rough rather than smooth with waves, bumps, or imperfections in the finish, which may mean that the product has been made on unsuitable equipment and corners have been cut with poor finishing techniques.
See What We Can Do
Our planters are so successful, they are used in various industries around the USA and Canada from commercial projects such as furnishing an airport to creating useful and valuable outdoor patios for restaurants. They are especially effective when used in homes and housing developments. Want to see how experts use our planters? Shop the look now!